Sunday, February 18, 2018

A Glimpse of a Green House on Nicolae Balcescu Boulevard

Being on the Nicolae Balcescu Boulevard and on my way to the Big Square I couldn't help but photograph the green house that lay in front of me, or in this case on the right side of the boulevard.

As you can see it is an old house with two floors and an attic. At the ground floor there are some big shop windows and on the right there is a Travel Agency named Trans Europa and on the left side there is a small clothing shop named Etnica. Of course it has an interior courtyard and the entrance to it is in the middle of the ground floor. There are two floors which are probably lived by families and an attic which also has a room with a view. 

I think it looked really great during his most glorious years of existence, i.e. after it was built. The green colour would have probably been brighter and the exterior not so deteriorated. Some of the window blinds have been removed but this does not affect its altogether charm. When I took the picture I felt like someone was watching me from behind the curtains of the window from the attic. It took me back to those movies in which the ghost guardians of old houses were making their presence be noticed so that the outsiders would not disturb their well established peace and tranquility from over their long period of existence. It most certainly gives out the impression of being a house full of character and grandeur judging by the fact that it is one of the tallest houses in the area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment